Monday, March 29, 2010

Fleurotica success!




Fleurotica was a huge success!! Friday night we exhibited a dress created with peacock & ostrich feathers, anthurium, orchids and various foliages. Biased, I loved it, and can't wait for next year. The event a fundraiser for the Garfield Park Conservatory, my favorite one in the city. Eleven florists were featured paired with students hat pieces inspired by floral design from the Art Institute of Chicago's millinery school. Also, local Chicago designers had models wearing pieces of their work struttin' down the runway as well, including some of our besties, Shirley Kinietz and Jenny Stadler, owners of Wolfbait and B-Girls. I can't gush enough about my model, Ursula from Ford Modeling Agency, who totally OWNED the peacock dress I made. And completely randomly, she we share mutual friends!!! Chicago is definitely a small world.

2 comments: