Saturday, February 20, 2010

Winter hikin' and junkin'






Friday morning Dave and I decided to take a trip out to Starved Rock. We like to take the county roads because
a. It's prettier
b. There are lots of antique and junk stores to shop at along the way.

Friday was spent ALL day buying Hull's Pottery, milk glass, Fenton vases, vintage aprons and a couple of other things here and there. Soon, all of my fantastic finds are going to be available at Fleur, and each one comes with a little story of how I came across it (but only if you want to hear.., I can ramble!). In the next day or two after I unpack all this ceramic joy, I'll post some photos.

But here are some of the hiking photos from us at Starved Rock, especially by French Canyon (My favorite waterfall in the park). After checking out the beauty around us, we stopped at Skoog's Pub and Grill where I S W E A R it's the BEST fried chicken I have ever eaten.., only we were there for their lunch menu, so I didn't get to eat any (just on the dinner menu.., go there 4:30pm or after!). I'm not kidding, I think I'm going back within the next two weeks because I am craving it. Whoops. I wrote "Crazing" instead of "craving as a slip.., I guess it's cuz I'm so crazy about it (wokka wokka!).

No comments:

Post a Comment